This Gloo Assessment Privacy Statement (this “Statement”) describes how we, Gloo, LLC, collect, use, disclose and otherwise process your personal information when you participate in an assessment.
We offer a variety of services and additional privacy statements may apply to your use of those services.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), UK or Switzerland (collectively, “EEA+”), please also see our Supplemental EEA+ Privacy Statement.
If you are a resident of California, please also see our Supplemental California Law Disclosures.
Table of Contents
You can jump to particular topics by clicking the headings below:
- Types Of Information We Collect
- Use And Processing Of Information
- Sharing Of Information
- Your Rights
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Contact Information
1 - Types Of Information We Collect
The section below provides examples of the types of data that we collect from you when you participate in an assessment and how we use that information.
Consumer Characteristics We collect information related to your interests, demographics, or other traits or characteristics. This information is collected with your consent if you provide it as part of an assessment. We use such information to understand your characteristics.
Contact Information Assessments often collect contact information such as your address, email address, or telephone number. This information is collected with your consent if you provide it as part of an assessment. We use this information to be in touch with you.
Demographic Information We collect personal information, such as your age, marital status, income, or location. This information is collected with your consent if you provide it as part of an assessment. We use this information to understand you better.
Location Information We use technology in your device to determine your location, or collect your location with your consent. We use this information to provide tailored services to you and understand you better.
Email Interconnectivity If you receive an email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, and click on any links or banners it contains. We use this information to understand how you interact with our communications to you.
Mobile Devices We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or taking an assessment. We use this information to identify unique visitors, and understand how users interact with us on their mobile devices.
Religious Information We may collect information about you that identifies your religious preferences, such as what church you attend. Religious preference information is always collected with your consent. We use this information to better understand you and provide you with resources and services at your request.
Name Some assessments collect your name or surname. This information is collected with your consent if you provide it as part of an assessment. We use this information to identify you.
Assessment Responses When you participate in an assessment we collect information that you provide to us, such as your opinions or perspective, which may be able to identify you. This information is collected with your consent if you provide it as part of an assessment. We use this information to understand your opinions, and collect information relevant to our organization.
Text Messages Certain assessments may be conducted via text message. When you consent to be texted we collect your phone number from you in order to send you texts. Our processing is based on your prior consent to receive text messages. We use this information to keep in touch with you.
Third Party Databases We may receive data about you from third party databases. We use this information internally to know you better and, perhaps, match you to growth catalysts, but we do not transfer this personal information.
Website interactions We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include information about your device or browser. We use this information to understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also use this information to detect and prevent fraud.
Web logs We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors. We use this information to monitor our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.
2 - Use and Processing Of Information
We share aggregated insights that do not contain any personal information based on information collected via assessments with the assessment initiator to facilitate the initiator’s purposes for providing the assessment. In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To help assessment initiators, as well as Gloo, understand assessment participants.
- To perform our obligations and exercise our rights under any agreement that you concluded with us.
- To verify your identity, comply with any legal obligations that apply to us, and respond to requests from government authorities.
- To identify you in a dataset, including the datasets of assessment initiators.
- To create aggregated models, benchmarks and other analytics.
- To make improvements to Gloo's services or the development of new offerings.
- To identify you when you visit our website, assessment platform or while taking an assessment.
- To improve our services, assessments, and website.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support or other requests.
- For other purposes with your consent.
3 - Sharing Of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this Statement, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Service Providers. We share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers, as necessary to provide services to us, subject to confidentiality and data protection agreements. Service providers help us to provide our assessments, provide technical support, and assist in the fulfillment of requests.
- In connection with a sale or similar transaction. We may provide personal information to a potential or actual buyer in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), including any due diligence related to such a transaction
- For legal reasons. We will share information for legal reasons as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to: (a) satisfy any applicable law, lega process, or proper governmental request; (b) enforce any agreement we may have entered into with you or your organization, including investigating any violations or asserting remedies; (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (d) protect against harm (whether tangible or intangible) to the rights, property or safety of Gloo, our users or the public as required or permitted by law; and (e) establish or exercise our rights, defend against a legal claim, and investigate, prevent or take action regarding possible illegal activities or a violation of our policies.
- Public. Assessments may provide the opportunity to post answers and results in a public forum. Information on these forums will be publically available.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask you to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this Statement.
4 - Your Rights
You may have rights under applicable privacy laws, including to access, correct, update, delete, block or limit our use of your personal information. To exercise any such rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly describe your request. If you are located in the EEA+, please see our Supplemental EEA+ Privacy Statement. If you are a resident of California, please also see our Supplemental California Law Disclosures.
5 - How We Protect Personal Information
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
6 - Miscellaneous
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices under this Statement:
- Interest Based Advertising. We may collect or store the data described in this Statement by using web beacons, and similar technologies, and may target or retarget ads to you using those device identifiers, or similar technologies, when you browse the Internet or use your mobile device. To opt out of certain types of this targeted online advertising (sometimes called "interest-based advertising") or to learn more about it, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Network Advertising Initiative and the DAA's AboutAds program.
- Changes to This Privacy Statement. We may change our privacy statement and practices over time. To the extent that our statement changes in a material way, the statement that was in place at the time that you submitted personal information to us will generally govern that information unless we receive your consent to the new privacy statement.
7 - Contact Information
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices, please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information. In some cases, we may have to direct you to the third party which controls your personal information.
Data Protection Officer
831 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80305